zondag 8 maart 2009

Odessy

A friend of mine asked me to knit her a hat to go with a handwoven scarf for her birthday. Well, her birthday came and went and I finally got a peek at the scarf. I took it with me to match with either yarn I had in my stash or to get matching yarn.

I dove in the stash and dug out three beautifull color options. All three pretty, all three with particular qualities, all three matching with the scarf and with eatchother as you can see in the picture below.

marion">

On the left there's a skein of Socks that rock heavyweight colorway ms larock. A very pretty muted colorway. The people at Bluemoonfiberarts really know how to make a girl happy. Both popping colorways as more subtle ones like this.I could go over to their site and order 10 colorways if I had the money :). Maybe just one or two.

The next skein is one of Colinette Jitterbug colorway Ischia. I am so in love with this skein. Vibrant, flashing colors. Impossible to resist... and I know Marion will love it. However, this skein is so pretty and vibrant, it will take away the attention from the scarf.

The third option is a combination of two skeins of alpaca/merino from the Natural Dye Studio. Ssssssoft. Buttah. But not quite bright enough for a blue-eyed blond.

I showed my friend the color options and she was heavily divided between the colinette and the Socks that rock. She also liked the color of the Jitterbug more than the STR, but agreed that the Jitterbug is just too loud for the scarf.

And so Ms Larock will turn into Odessa..

odessa">

Geen opmerkingen: