zaterdag 8 september 2007

Frogable

Well, I didn't get a lot of knitting done this week again. Work is just a pain in the but when you really want to knit. Thereby, I had some frogging to do which really doesn't help on the progress front. For example, I started the Waving Lace socks for my mom, but didn't like the way the yarn and the pattern interacted with eachother. So I frogged two inches and started with another pattern (Diamante from Knitty) and I like it so much I'm going to keep it for myself - hate it when that happens. For my mom I grabbed a skein of Lorna's Laces Cool and started a zigzag pattern from a Dutch sock knitting group. It's actually pretty cool yet I don't feel that these should be mine mine mine! In other words, I can give them away when they're done. I had to frog some on these socks too 'cause they were getting rather big on 2.25 mm needles.

Two pairs in progress
Lorna's laces on the left, Sunshine on the right

But, there was a finish this week. This Mama-e's yarn was first going to be socks for an unspecified adult, but alas, the colorway is so sweet that one could get diabetes from wearing them. But perfect for a little girl.

todler socks

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

ribbit! Nice work on the restart though--they look like little sails on a boat :)