woensdag 20 mei 2009

After finishing the last two pairs of socks I really felt divided between two urges. Casting on a new pair or go on and finish some other things lingering in the WIP-bin. In my 2009 stash basket there's a pair of Rivendell socks waiting to be cast on in Aracunia yarn. There's a pair of Cookie's Ornette socks in Lang Jawoll. Just needs to be knit. My fingers were itching, but...

No. I'm going to clean up the project in progress pile a little first.

There are four pairs of socks in my stash that need attention. First I grabbed the pair of flickering flames socks in Mystical creations yarn. Knit a row. Knit another row. No. I don't like it. Not even a bit. So I ripped it. I'll either give away the skein or try something not-sock with it. Maybe try to get the colors to pool on scarf? It's just not ment to be socks.

Then, I picked up Lorna's Laces in Flames. Yes, this is going to be just perfect for working fair isle with black yarn on the leg. (The Flame colorway on it's own is just not my thing) But where's that skein of black regia gone to? Ow.... that's right. I'm using this for the heels and toes on the Noro socks.

Wat is wijsheid? How to proceed now? Should I finish the Noro socks first (they are for a friend, thought he won't get them untill fall this year) or have a go at the fair isle socks first? Why did I stop knitting on these socks after casting them on, giving them my time for a while?

Geen opmerkingen: