dinsdag 19 mei 2009

Men, and the socks we make them

After a long period of not finishing anything, I finally got around to finishing two projects I was working on. Both of them are presents for men that had their birthday weeks ago, but they will be well received anyway.
The socks on the left are for a dear friend who's been nagging about getting a pair of pink socks for his bigfoot feet for ages.
Yarn: Scheepjes Noorse sokkenwol and Bravo acryllic by ????
Needles: 4mm Size: EU46


Then, the next finished pair of socks is a really simple pair of stockinettes for a smaller footed boyfriend of a best friend. A simple knit, but so satisfying. I did break 4 bamboo needles on these, though. I sat on the project once (and broke 2 needles) and two snapped in my hands.
Trekking Ombre in a Dark Blue colorway. 72 stitches on 2mm needles (I actually thought I was doing them on 2.25mm needles until the first two snapped :).
What to do next? I still have 4 pairs of socks on the needles, a pair of fingerless gloves and two sweaters. Hmm. Maybe cast-on a new pair of socks?

Geen opmerkingen: